General Service Technician
Advanced Auto Center has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Redford, MI.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Advanced Auto Center's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
Steve B. and Tammy M., 08/12/2023
After taking it to another repair shop to fix brakes for $700.00, they weren't fixed at all cause I got into an accident soon after. The pedal was going to the floor. Steven replaced with new brakes himself after we just spent $700 already. He ultimately found much more was going on then just the brakes and pads. Steve called a couple of places and he was referred to Advanced Auto Center. They found that the ABS Hydraulic pump needed to be replaced and I really appreciate all their time and effort. I trust them with my beloved car (a 2011 Ford Fusion). I'll be taking it back to them to fix the air conditioner since they also repair that as well. We had that fixed by another repair shop a few years ago. Amazing job to the Advanced Auto Center crew.